Hey all, Susie here.
I just want to tell you how excited I am that it's February! I have loved Valentine's Day ever since I was a child. I love pink strawberry milk, delivering heart-shaped sugar cookies, listening to all of Lionel Richie's songs, glittery twinkle hearts, heart-shaped foods, fluffy stuffed monkeys, and of course random acts of kindness.
You know, all of this got me thinking...why is Valentine's Day
broadcast mainly as a "romantic holiday"?
Because of this, many people feel left out--and that stinks! Many of us don't have a romantic partner or not that interested in Valentine's Day, and you know what---that thought just bums me out. So, what can we do about it?
Let's re-invent what Valentine's Day means!
NEW ways to share joy
this Valentine's Day.
Many people are left out on this holiday---and that stinks! Whatever you are planning on doing this Valentine's Day be sure to let the people in your circle know how much you care for them.
A few ideas...
- I will, share a Valentine's card with my lonely neighbor
- I will, send teachers a message of appreciation (and chocolates)
- I will, treat my postal and delivery workers with a surprise!
- I will, create cards with my kids to distribute to family
- Guys (send your mother, sister, kids a card or delicious treat)
- Girls (send your girlfriends a message of appreciation for their friendship)